This week I stopped. Everything.
It wasn’t my choice. I was sick and I surrendered. I was also pretty down and needed to give myself the space to work through it.
This is how I gave myself that space:
- I watched water and did nothing.
- I spent an entire day doing one tarot reading for myself. Slowly. Because I had to. I could only read a card or two before I got tired.
- I drank a lot of cups of tea.
- We welcomed a new kitten into our life and I remembered what the joy of simply being alive and curious is.
I listened to Thomas Moore and was reminded of why I’m an ordinary mystic and why I love the world’s wisdom traditions. (Need to re-listen though because that was during the days that I was having a hard time concentrating.)
- I remembered that prayer is powerful.
- I asked for support.
- I slept as long and as often as I needed.
- I read books in the evening.
- I continued learning Astrology.
- I embraced sweaters and pjs and all things cozy.
Stopping forced me to re-evaluate some things in my life and see what I truly love. I’m always afraid of stopping because I’m self-employed and my business supports our whole family.
But I actually got more “done” this week being sick than I have in a while. It helped me get clear on what really matters to me and how I can show up with more joy, love and purpose.