A few days ago I received a pre-owned Daughters of the Moon Tarot deck by Ffiona Morgan in the mail. This feminist, woman positive, circular deck has been on my wish list for many years, and I’m so happy to finally be able to work with it. This is the first time I have ever had a used deck, and I decided it definitely could use a good clear!
Steps to Clearing a Tarot Deck:
1. First, I arranged the deck into the major arcana and minor arcana.
The Daughters of the Moon minor arcana suits are: Flames (Fire), Cups (Water), Blades (Air) and Pentacles (Earth). The court cards are Maiden, Mother and Crone, instead of the traditional Page, Knight, Queen and King.
There are also some differences in the Major arcana. For example, there are two Lovers cards. It is so nice to see a feminine embrace!
2. Then, I placed three crystals on the deck to represent my intentions for it: love (rose quartz), clarity (clear quartz) and protection (hematite).
3. Next, I put the deck under the full moon and bright daylight for two days and two nights to soak in all this May goodness (I would have done three but I couldn’t wait!).
4. I then passed each card (and the deck as a whole) through white sage smoke to clear it of any unwanted energies.
5. Next, I joyfully welcomed the deck into my life by placing it on my heart.
6. Finally, before I use it for the first time I will also shuffle it well.
As I’ve gone through each card, I can’t tell you how happy I am to be using this deck! It is literally a 20-year dream come true. I feel connected to the women before me who may have used this particular deck.
I also feel a familiar coming back to myself as I look at the images of diverse women of all body types on the cards. As Ffiona Morgan says of The Dreamer card:
“I must remember – I am Goddess
The Dreamer, the Creator of visions
My point of power is now.”
The women on these cards emit a power and beauty that is accessible and real.
Can’t wait to start doing readings with it!
What are some of the ways you clear your deck?